Thursday 28 March 2013

The Last Supper

We have talked a lot over the last few weeks about the events leading up to Jesus death on the cross. The children have taken it all very seriously and I think if you ask them about it, you will see they really have listened and understood some of the story's meaning.  I have been very proud of their work, particularly over the last week when it has been our main focus.  They have been respectful during Liturgy's and have listened intently on the mat during discussion times.
Today we re enacted the Last Supper and I have to say, DJ did a wonderful job as Jesus.  He was able to remember the words perfectly and even washed the feet of his guests.  The children looked lovely in their Jesus clothes and everyone had something to add to the occasion.

Jesus and his very special friends, the disciples share their last meal before his arrest and crucifixion.
Jesus breaks the bread and says "this is my body which will be broken for you"

There was no servant to wash the travellers feet.  Jesus said "You call me Master, but I am your servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment